Another crash

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:35:07 EST 2007

Well, I'm confused. I placed the line

app-office/gnucash debug

in /etc/portage/package.use

and emerged gnucash.

The invokation of configure looked like

./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var/lib --enable-debug --disable-sql --disable-ofx
--disable-doxygen --disable-html-docs --disable-hbci
--enable-locale-specific-tax --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

so it includes --enable-debug. There are -g switches all over the
compilations. But when I start gdb on gnucash, I get the msg "No debugging
symbols found". And when I actually start the program, I get a bunch more of
the "No debugging symbols" msgs. Running 'strings' on the executable doesn't
produce a ton of output that I would expect if symbols were included. Any
ideas about this?

/Don