Reconsile account and subaccount is broken by user activity

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Feb 16 19:57:37 EST 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 11:01, Stephen Torri wrote:
> I think I need to explain how I am using GnuCash. If I am doing
> something that I should not then please correct me. My intention was to
> have subaccounts for my checking account so that I could put in the
> money that I was budgeting or saving for certain things. This way I
> could clearly see how much money was left for groceries for example. So
> this has work well for me. Is this the wrong way to do it?
You can do as you please
but you can only reconcile the account which has the statement
which here appears to be the checking account
there is no time limit on reconciling transactions
so I may have something entered in my accounts - a cheque - which to me
is 'spent' money, but it is the account because the recipient has not cashed
the cheque. Whenever it gets cashed I can proceed with marking that
transaction as reconciled. No, I don't change the date.

--
QOTD:
	Silence is the only virtue he has left.