Skip finding duplicate transactions on QIF import

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at carneal.com
Fri Feb 16 22:25:49 EST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Um, I highly recommend you NOT make this change.  It completely
> bypasses duplicate checking in all cases, which is far from correct.

Right, I understand that.  That's why I did it.

> A better fix would be a change to the query/algorithm to make
> it faster.

I agree.

I also agree with something I believe you wrote about a wholesale
rewrite of the import code.  While the scheme / C marriage may have
served its purpose, I also think it's holding back the project from
being developed and maintained properly.  Perhaps rewriting the QIF
importer and/or creating a more generic importer written in C is
something I could undertake as time permits...

Jeff