Data not available after saving

Spel spelya at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 20 16:00:32 EST 2007

Since last Sunday, whenever I exit GnuCash and come back, my data file
cannot be accessed.  The following message appears in an untitled
message box:
"Can't parse the URL /home/myname/.gnucash/books/myfile."

Monitoring the data file, I noticed that if I either call File ->Save
(Ctrl-S) ou if I close GnuCash, the file I am trying to populate drops
from  16kb to about 500bites. The new file contains only general
information data.

    [Top]
    Book Guid=2e0235290548ed86d5fea676ffe5b52d
    Window Count=1

    [Window 1]
    Page Count=1
    First Page=1
    Page Order=1;
    Window Position=0;0;
    Window Geometry=1016;708;
    Window Maximized=true
    Toolbar Visible=true
    Summarybar Visible=true
    Statusbar Visible=true

    [Page 1]
    Page Type=GncPluginPageAccountTree
    Page Name=Accounts
    Account Types=-1
    Show Hidden=false
    Show Zero Total=true
    Selected Account=Actif
    Open Account 1=Actif
    Open Account 2=Actif:Placements
    Open Account 3=Actif:Placements:RER-Mconj
    Number of Open Accounts=3

I then have to go to an archive file .xac which contains all data for
the newly created accounts. If I try to rename the archive copy,
stripping the timestamp information, the new file also shrinks to about
500 bites.

Any indication as to what I or the program might have done wrong ?

Regards,
Serge