Data not available after saving

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Feb 20 16:08:44 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 16:00 -0500, Spel wrote:
> Since last Sunday, whenever I exit GnuCash and come back, my data file
> cannot be accessed.  The following message appears in an untitled
> message box:
> "Can't parse the URL /home/myname/.gnucash/books/myfile."

~/.gnucash/ is GnuCash's directory to store application information.

In particular, ~/.gnucash/books/filename is used to save meta-data about
datafiles named "filename".  By using this meta-data file as your
datafile, gnucash writes the data out, then writes the meta-data,
trashing the original file.

Don't save anything in ~/.gnucash/.  Put it in ~/documents/finances/ or
something.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}