Gnucash-2.0.4 Make Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 20 16:34:35 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:

> I notice that Gentoo exposes both 'debug-freelist' and 'debug-malloc'
> options for building guile; my system does not have either enabled and
> works with gnucash-2.0.4.  I'd guess that your guile is built with one of
> them, and it is responsible for the message and abort as seen here.
>
> For the sake of completeness, I note that Gentoo requires -- for gnucash
> -- that guile is built with the options 'deprecated', 'discouraged' and
> 'regex'.  I don't know if you did, but you might need to as well.

Josh/Derek:

   Just rebuilt guile-1.8.1 from the source tarball and installed it. Since
gnucash-2.0.5 still wouldn't run I tried to make it again. Now I'm seeing
this error:

make[3]: Entering directory
/data1/srcfiles/gnucash/gnucash-2.0.5/src/engine'
chmod u+x ./iso-currencies-to-c
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=: srcdir=. ./iso-currencies-to-c
ERROR: Unbound variable: slib:features
make[3]: *** [iso-4217-currencies.c] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /data1/srcfiles/gnucash/gnucash-2.0.5/src/engine'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /data1/srcfiles/gnucash/gnucash-2.0.5/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory /data1/srcfiles/gnucash/gnucash-2.0.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2

   I took the default prefix for guile-1.8.1 of /usr/local. Other make errors
occurred as it sought slib/*.scm files in /usr rather than /usr/local.
Soft links fixed all those, but I don't know what to do about this one.

   One step forward, one step back. I'll willingly try your recommendations
on rebuilding gnucash.

Thanks again,

Rich