Small expenses

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Feb 22 10:33:24 EST 2007

Hello,

What is the usual way to deal with small expenses, like when you buy a
coke from a vending machine. I don't want to peek track of every dime,
but when you add it all together it's a non-trivial expense that I'd
like to keep track of.

I'm thinking of using the accounts Wallet + Miscellaneous. Every time I
re-fill my wallet I would do two transactions for the same amount:

Wallet -> Miscellaneous
Bank account -> Wallet

So, this wouldn't tell me every real purchase, but it'd tell me that I
spent $50 in snacks since the last time I took money from the bank.

Is this the correct solution?

Cheers,
Daniel.
-- Dutch is English spelt funny and spoken in a Klingon accent.