Gnucash-2.0.5 Run Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 22 11:30:18 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I didn't say reinstall the g-wrap PACKAGE..  I said "reconfigure,
> rebuild, and reinstall g-wrap"

   And that's what I did, having made a Slackware package for tracking
purposes.

> I'd recommend you install Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, or Ubuntu because those
> all come with GnuCash for you.  The amount of time you've spent fighting
> slackware you could've downloaded one of these distros, installed it,
> restored your homedir, and got gnucash up and running...

   I think not. I had gnucash problems with Red Hat back when I used that.
Replacing a perfectly good, stable, solid distribution for a single, minor
application is not justified. Instead, I'll find someone local with a
running gnucash and have them export my last year's data for me in a format
that homebank can import. That's a GTK+2 application that installed and ran
here out of the tarball.

Thanks anyway,

Rich