Gnucash-2.0.5 Run Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 22 11:49:36 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I'm afraid I dont know what to tell you.  We're working to reduce the
> dependence on scheme, but that's still years away.  The fact that
> Slackware doesn't supply the necessary dependencies is unfortunate, but
> it's not something we can control.

Derek,

   I'm not holding you folks responsible for every distribution; that would
be highly unreasonable. Perhaps if there was a list on the web site that
listed every dependency -- by version -- and any sequence in which
installation should be run, I could have worked it out myself.

   Other than this current issue with gnucash, Slackware is ideal for me.
It's back from the bleeding edge and, other than security fixes, I don't
upgrade from one release to the next. Some applications are upgraded when
the fix a bug that bites me or adds something I need. Otherwise, I just use
the system as a means to an end.

   Gnucash is a great tool. I'm sorry, too, that it's so difficult for those
of us on the latest Slackware release.

Rich