Gnucash-2.0.5 Run Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 23 12:32:21 EST 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Well, there's the README and README.dependencies files in the source
> tree that do attempt to accomplish this. Updates are welcome.

Derek,

   Since I was running gnucash from Slackware packages, when the latest one
failed to work and I started building from source, I never looked for those.
Mea culpa! I did discover them early this morning and I'm working my way
through the list to ensure that I have everything, and of a suitable
version.

   My apologies to you, Josh, and the list for not having slowed down, looked
carefully at the main source directory, and seen the README and
README.dependencies files. I have no excuse because I always read the README
and INSTALL files before configuring and making a new tarball.

   Knowing now just what's needed, I'll take my time and ensure all
dependencies are in place. If there are any specific installation sequences
other than guile -> g-wrap -> SLIB, please let me know.

   I'll be happy to update the wiki or docs when I do get it all working.
And, I'll have a SlackBuild script, too, for making packages. (Actually, I
have it now, but I need to start from basics in the installation.)

Rich