Gnucash-2.0.5 Build Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 25 19:03:53 EST 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> But g-wrap-config is "stupid" and doesn't set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> properly,

   Ah, yes. That's what it was.

> Try adding your g-wrap --prefix pkgconfigdir appropriately to
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH so that g-wrap-config can find the g-wrap configuration
> files. I think the problem here is that the configure script isn't getting
> a good value for G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR and as a result it cannot find
> g-wrap.scm

   It's being quite feisty. When I find where g-wrap is located I get this:

/usr/local/share/guile/site/g-wrap
/usr/local/include/g-wrap

   Then I added those to PKG_CONFIG_PATH thusly:

echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/share/guile/site/g-wrap/:usr/local/include/g-wrap/

   But, configure still is not happy. Now it stops earlier.

checking for g-wrap-config... no
configure: WARNING: g-wrap-config failed
configure: error:

   g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
   enough.  GnuCash requires at least version 1.3.3 to build,
   and 1.9.6 to build cleanly with GCC4.  If you need to install g-wrap,
   you can find it at http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/ .

   Have I specified the PKG_CONFIG_PATH incorrectly; perhaps one subdirectory
too deep?

Thanks,

Rich