Gnucash-2.0.5 Build Error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 26 16:23:22 EST 2007

Quoting Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> This error means that 'g-wrap' isn't in your guile load path.  That's
>> because you don't have G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR set.. Which is because you still
>> don't have your PKG_CONFIG_PATH set properly.  For prefix == /usr the path
>> would be /usr/lib/pkgconfig .. modify appropriately for your install and
>> try again....
>
> derek,
>
>   PKG_CONFIG_PATH is correct:
>
> [root at salmo /data1/srcfiles/gnucash]# echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>
>   There was /usr/lib/pkgconfig/g-wrap-2.0-guile.pc. I changed that to
> g-wrap.pc, then g-wrap-config.pc but both to no avail. I explicitly set
> G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR, too:

So you DONT get an error if you run:   pkg-config --libs g-wrap-2-0-guile

> [root at salmo /data1/srcfiles/gnucash]# echo $G_WRAP_MODULE_DIR
> /usr/local/share/guile/site

Is this where g-wrap.scm is located?

>   So when I see the error message,
> checking for g-wrap-config... no
> configure: WARNING: g-wrap-config failed
> configure: error:
>
>   g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
>   enough.  GnuCash requires at least version 1.3.3 to build,
>   and 1.9.6 to build cleanly with GCC4.  If you need to install g-wrap,
>   you can find it at http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/ .
>
> I wonder if it's a name that's incorrect.

Could be..  You're doing things so weirdly..  And g-wrap is just so
broken in so many ways, I honestly have no idea what's going on.
You're also one of the only people who's having this issue; other
people have followed the slackware recipes to success, even with
Slackware 11.  So I really don't know what to tell you...

>   Here is the content of the back-to-original-name
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/g-wrap-2.0-guile.pc:
>
> # Package Information for pkg-config
>
> prefix=/usr/local
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
> includedir=${prefix}/include
> module_directory=${datarootdir}/guile/site

THIS is weird..  Where is datarootdir defined?   I think it's suppoed
to be /usr/local/share but I dont see it defined anywhere here...