2.0.5 make error

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 13:29:15 EST 2007

Hi List.

Still having problems trying to build 2.0.5 on Kubuntu 7.04 (herd-4).

The Ubuntu developers pushed new versions of libgtkhtml (identified as
the cause of a previous problem) and other related files this morning
so I thought I'd give 2.0.5 another try.

Get a clean configure. Make abends with:

libtool: link:
`/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../..//libgnomeprint-2-2.la' is
not a valid libtool archive

As far as I can tell the referenced file does not exist, although I do
have a

libgnomeprint-2-2.la

in /usr/lib

I'm clueless so any suggestions would be appreciated. In the meantime,
2.0.4 is working fine on the same installation.

Ron Morse