2.0.5 make error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 28 14:10:29 EST 2007

Ron Morse <rbmorse at comcast.net> writes:

> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 01:19:48 pm Josh Sled wrote:
>>
>> > The file usr/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.la exists on the machine.  It's
>> > a link to the file /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.a, which is also exists.
>>
>> That's not as it should be at all.  The .la is a libtool archive
>> description, and the .a should be an archive file of object files
>> (.o). So, the original error was correct:
>> /usr/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.la is not a valid libtool archive.
>>
>> Where'd you get it from?
>
> It's from one of the Kubuntu 7.04 pre-4 repositories.  The package is
>
> file:///var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomeprint2.2-0_2.17.92-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
>
> This is very, very odd to me.

Yeah..  the .la should not be a symlink to the .a.  That sounds like
a MAJOR packaging bug.  I recommend you contact Ubuntu and file a
bug report with them.  Or try re-installing the package?

Regardless, this is not a gnucash issue; you should talk to them.

> Ron

-derek

PS: Someone already has gnucash 2.0.5 packages for Ubuntu; you should
use those.  Check the list archives.