Changing subaccount

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 1 16:57:14 EST 2007

Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies!

Quoting John Griessen <john_g at cibolo.com>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>>> Is there a way to fix a mistake and change the sales subaccount for
>>> an item on
>>> an invoice without unposting the invoice?
>>
>> Nope.

> An experiment to search and replace guid strings from one account to
> the desired subaccount of the same type seems to have run without
> upsetting gnucash much.
>
> Are there any pitfalls to this approach you know?

Umm... If you screw it up gnucash may refuse to load your data file?
It's an operation that we don't support, so if you do it and you lose
your data you're on your own.  Having said that, I can't think of any
pitfalls to that approach, provided you're careful with what you actually
change.