Making changes to multiple currency transactions

Rosina Bignall lists at rosinabignall.com
Tue Jan 2 17:57:47 EST 2007

I'm new to using multiple currencies, and I'm having trouble.
It's probably some small thing that I'm missing or don't
understand.  I hope you all can help.

I'm trying to track my e-gold account.

So, I have two accounts, one in XAU and one in USD.  I add a
transaction to the USD one.  Then, when I go to the XAU account
and look at the transaction, I notice that I didn't get the
exchange rate right.  So, I go back to the USD account and edit
the exchange rate.  When I go back to the XAU account, I now
have a transaction with no values in the amount fields.

Am I doing something wrong in editing the exchange rate?  Why do
I keep ending up with a transaction with no values?  How do I
fix it?

Once that has happened, there seems to be nothing for it, but to
delete the entire transaction and enter it again, this time with
the correct exchange rate the first time.

Why do I have to go back to the place I entered it to fix the
exchange rate?  I'd like to do it on either end since sometimes
when I go back to my account statement on the opposite account
and find that I made a mistake.

I often make entries ahead of time, knowing what they will be in
USD, but not what the exchange rate will be to XAU.

Thanks for your help
Rosina