2 Reports Questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 4 15:32:12 EST 2007

Quoting Mark Ewers <bigdogmoe at gmail.com>:

>> This is correct behavior.  Reports act on individual accounts.  You
>> can select the "select subaccounts" and then limit the number of
>> subaccounts displayed to get the behavior in the reports that you
>> desire.  But reports don't work recursively.
>>
> Any thoughts to making recursion an option? I too encountered this
> behavior and it caught me unawares. I realized what was happening, but
> couldn't help asking "I wonder if..."

Submit a patch.  But honestly, no, it's just not the way reports are
supposed to work.  Reports are based on individual accounts.  The fact
that the account tree sums up child accounts as an added convenience.
Just "select all accounts"  :)

Personally I think it would be even more confusing if I chose an account
and its subaccounts were automatically included.  Keep in mind that we
already have an "include subaccounts" flag for you to select all the
subaccounts from a tree.