Clarification of Account Compatibility Check

Ariel asgnucash at dsgml.com
Sat Jan 6 23:47:09 EST 2007

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> The groupings are all in the documentation:

> * Assets + Liabilities (includes Bank, Cash, CC, Stock, Mutual, A/R, A/P)
> * Income + Expense
> * Equity

Can you reverse this change?

I have (for example):

Salary (Income)
    Accounts Receivable (A/R)
    Bad Debt (Expense)

A/R transaction are placed between Accounts Receivable and Salary, and
when I get paid it goes between Accounts Receivable and Checking.

I like it because at a glance I can see how much money I actually received
(column Present in Salary). And at the same time I can see how much I
"earned" (but won't necessarily see) (column Total in Salary).

I use Bad Debt to reduce A/R for stuff that I'm pretty sure is never going
to show up.

I don't understand why this check was necessary?

 	-Ariel