gnucash 2.0.1 under gentoo

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jan 9 17:36:22 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 20:09 +1100, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> i'm making a new gentoo install, built without gnome (so far)
> trying to emerge gnucash gives
> gnome-extra/libgsf must be built with gnome
> any gentoo users able to advise me whether I emerge gnome or cna do something
> else?

libgsf (and goffice) need to be built with the 'gnome' USE flag:

    # echo "gnome-extra/libgsf gnome" >> /etc/portage/package.use
    # echo "x11-libs/goffice gnome" >> /etc/portage/package.use
    # emerge --oneshot --update --newuse libgsf goffice

I don't believe this will pull in any *more* gnome deps than gnucash
already uses.

Also, fwiw, you should be able to rename 2.0.1 to 2.0.4 (in an overlay)
and get the latest version.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}