Accounting for Shares on Australian Exchange.

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Wed Jan 10 22:04:39 EST 2007

It is good to have another Aussie here.

Thanks for putting me right on the franking system.  The only point I was
making was how to deal with the franking credit.  Quicken has a large sum
which I assume is the value of the portfolio, but dividends REDUCE the
amount.  They are an income event, and shouldn't be posted to the asset at
all.  Quicken does however handle franking credits very well.

Something is wrong at the moment.  The Account type is set to Asset, so that
must be the reason, according to your P.S.

Doug.

--
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
   - Albert Einstein