transfer of files between PCs

David Brown gnucash at davidb.org
Thu Jan 11 15:13:12 EST 2007

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

 > maybe you are saying this already, but why not just put the gnucash
 > file on a network share that either machine can access? no need to
 > copy back and forth or rsync anything. just one file in one location
 > that all can access.

I do this kind of transfer because one machine is at work, and behind an
aggressive firewall, also the net connection at home isn't really fast
enough for this.

The other machine is a laptop, which is usually only used when it isn't
connected to the net at all.

And, my plug, I suggest the Unison file synchronizer.  It works like rsync,
but figures out which direction to sync in all by itself.  If there is a
conflict, it can interactively determine which files to use.

  <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/>

David Brown