Error starting gnucash in Mac OSX 10.4.8

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 11:50:18 EST 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Y. Soete wrote:

> Op 10-jan-07, om 20:27|10-jan-07 heeft TMI|Rogelio Zarate het
> volgende geschreven:
>> I just installed GNUCash via FINK and get the following error at
>> startup:
>> Application “GuppiPlugInSpec” process 115 has crashed due to fatal
>> error.
>> Bus Error
>> What can I do to solve it?
>> I am running MacOS X 10.4.8 on a MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo 2.16
>> Mhz 2 GB
>
> I have the same config as you, i did not succeed in getting Fink
> running it, but i succeeded in using darwinports , you might check
> that out.
>
> http://gnucash.darwinports.com/

The macports (darwinports) gnucash is 2.0.x.

In fink, if you want to install 2.0.4, you have to 'fink install
gnucash2'. We changed the package name in fink so that long time
users could switch back and forth between 1.8 series and 2.0 series
without too much pain. (Though I'm now wondering whether that was
such a good idea...) The gnucash 1.8 series will not work on an intel
mac.

I did succeed in convincing the fink authorities that
gtkhtml3.8.15-3.10.2 didn't belong in crypto, so I can package a non-
crypto version of gnucash2 that will have everything except direct
banking connections. Eventually, that will allow fink to offer a
binary download of gnucash 2.x (after several gnome pieces get moved
from unstable).

Dave
--
David Reiser