Credit Balance on new Expense Account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 12 12:37:47 EST 2007

Well, you can do it two ways..

1) Against Eq:O-B..  Then as you eat up the credit you just make bills
   against Eq:O-B in the other direction until all the credit is eaten up.
   Then you continue on from A:Checking

2) Make an Asset Account for the opening credit, and have your bills
   come from that Asset account until the credit is used up.  Then continue
   from your checking account.

Either way works.  IANAA so I dont know if one way or the other is more
GAAP than the other.

The key is making sure the transactions flow in the correct direction.

-derek