Dates Shifted

Doug Latornell doug-gnucash at sadahome.ca
Sat Jan 13 16:13:22 EST 2007

I'm using GnuCash 2.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.8 (PPC) and am very impressed and
happy with it.  Kudos to the developers for a fine piece of work!

I started using GC 2 or 3 months ago while I was living in France.  This
week I moved to the west coast of Canada.  Today I noticed that all of my
transactions have shifted 1 day back; i.e. a transaction that used to show
as 2006/12/29, now shows as 2005/12/28.  It also happened with transactions
I imported via OFX this morning - deposits made and posted yesterday
(2007/01/12) by my bank show as 2007/01/11).

My guess is that a config somewhere thinks I'm still in the GMT+1 timezone,
having not picked up the news from OS X when I changed the system to GMT-8.
I've done some searching with gconftool-2 to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Doug