Trouble setting up Finance::Quote

Cory Helfrich coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 16 13:46:19 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm having trouble setting up Finance::Quotein GnuCash 2.0.4. I
followed the instructions in section 8.6.3.1 of the GnuCash Tutorial
and Concepts to install Finance::Quote (answering "no" to the initial
prompt. Finance::Quote appeared to install correctly. Here is the
screen dump of the gnc-fq-dump:

Begin Screen dump:
09:38 PM ~ $ gnc-fq-dump canada F:AIS509
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: F:AIS509             <=== required
       date: ** missing **        <=== required
   currency: ** missing **        <=== required
       last: 0.00                 <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price:                      <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

09:38 PM ~ $
End Screen dump

I started gnucash and opened the fund in the Security Editor. The
fund screen still indicates that Finance::Quote is not installed
properly.

Any advice regarding how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory Helfrich
coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca