cleared transactions and reconcile window (again)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 16 16:24:23 EST 2007

"Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> writes:

> Ok! Downloaded and compiled GC 2.0.4 (did not installed it).
>
> Is it possible to safely run GC without installing it (make install) to
> see if this behavior goes away?
> (by "safely" I mean without disturbing my old 2.0.1 data)
>
> How?

It's possible (but not easy) to run gnucash out of the build
tree.  If you look in src/bin/overrides you'll see "gnucash-build-env"
Using that you can run:

  gnucash-build-env src/bin/gnucash-bin

This will run gnucash from the build tree, however.....

1) It will still read your 2.0.1 data file (unless you run it with --nofile)
2) You wont get the updated gconf schemas installed properly
3) There's no real reason for this level of cautiousness in an update
   from 2.0.1 to 2.0.4