cleared transactions and reconcile window (again)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 16 18:18:52 EST 2007

Quoting "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:03:28 -0500
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Quoting "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>:
>>
>> > I am pretty sure it is turned on (just double checked it - turned it of an
>> > then back on). How can I debug this?? In what file is this option saved?
>>
>> Um, run gnucash under gdb and step through the code?
>> The options settings are stored in gconf.
>
> Ok. Too dummy for understand this. How do I inspect this?
> For instance using a good old "vi file".

Um, you don't.  You can't use VI, unless you want to try to look at the
gconf settings.  But in that case you might as well just use the
gconf-editor.  GDB == Gnu DeBugger -- it's used to actually debug
an application.

You do have another option, you can reset your full gconf database.
Note that this will reset ALL your settings for ALL your gnome applications!

   [ EXIT Gnucash ]
   gconftool-2 --shutdown
   mv ~/.gconf ~/.gconf-backup
   [ restart gnucash ]

>> > I'd like to make a copy of this data set and delete all transactions I can
>> > to keep the problem accurring and then send it to the list for analisys.
>>
>> That wont help.  It's not an issue in the datafile, it's that gconf
>> isn't showing you the correct preference setting.
>
> I believe you. As I asked above: How do I check this outside gnucash?

gconf-editor?