global find/replace after QIF import

James A. de Haseth jdehaseth at snappydsl.net
Wed Jan 17 13:48:19 EST 2007

Andrew,

Actually that's what I finally resolved to do about that problem.  A
simple sed script will change all the "Interest" transactions in a given
account to "Interest Bank Foo."  You are absolutely right, of course,
and a little work up front on the QIF file can save many headaches
later.

I'm trying to isolate the import problem on a couple of accounts and if
all else fails I'll send a sample QIF to Derek.

Many thanks for the input,

Jim