price editor problem

Sunil Shetye shetye at bombay.retortsoft.com
Thu Jan 18 08:28:08 EST 2007

Hi,

In the price editor, if I add a new price for an existing security
manually, the price editor screen (which has the existing prices in a
tree format) becomes garbled. On the console, the following messages
appear repeatedly:

(gnucash:2121): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_filter_get_value: assertion `GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (model)->priv->stamp == iter->stamp' failed
(gnucash:2121): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_property: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed
(gnucash:2121): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_unset: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed

Here are the steps I followed:

- click on Tools -> Price Editor
- open the Security tree till an existing price appears
- click on an existing price
- click on Add to add a new price for that security
- Fill the values in the dialog box
- Click on Ok.

At this point, the price editor is garbled. The error messages above
appear a few times. If I move the mouse over the price editor window
(without clicking anywhere), the above messages continue to appear
repeatedly.

On closing the price editor, this message appears repeatedly:

(gnucash:2129): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_filter_real_unref_node: assertion `filter->priv->stamp == iter->stamp' failed

If I do save the gnucash file and restart gnucash, the new price is
visible correctly in the price editor!

Is this some library issue? Or, is there some other problem? I am
running Fedora Core 6:

gnucash-2.0.4-1.fc6
g-wrap-1.9.6-7.1
glib2-2.12.3-2.fc6
gtk2-2.10.4-10.fc6
gtkhtml3-3.12.2-1.fc6
guile-1.8.0-8.20060831cvs

Please help. Thanks.

I also tried running

$ gnucash --nofile

and found that a similar problem occurs in adding a new security:

- click on Tools -> Security Editor
- click on Add
- fill the values
- Click on Ok
- Now, back in the Securities window, open the Security tree

At this point, the security editor screen is garbled. The error
message appearing repeatedly on the console is:

(gnucash:3295): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_property: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed
(gnucash:3295): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_unset: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed

- now, close the Security Editor
- click on Tools -> Price Editor

At this point, the Price Editor screen is blank. The security just
added should have appeared here. The following message appears on the
screen:

(gnucash:3297): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_row_has_child_toggled: assertion `path != NULL' failed

I have tried installing from source. There was no change.

--
Sunil Shetye.