OFX direct connect problem: one bank, two account?

Dinesh Dutt didutt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 23:01:22 EST 2007

I face a similar problem. With another institution where I have multiple
accounts, I don't have a problem. But with my bank, I see the same error as
noted by Jerry.

My a/c info with the bank is a little weird. Instead of just numbers, my a/c
number reads like xxxxxx-00/Checking, xxxxxx-11/Sh.Savings. I can download
transactions for the checking a/c, but not the others.

Dinesh
On Thursday 18 January 2007 12:02, Jerry Cai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one checking and one saving account from the same bank. I used
> AqBanking wizard to define a user, i.e, the bank, and it pulled down
> those two accounts correctly. Then I matched these HCBI accounts to my
> gnucash accounts. These went well and no problem.
> Then if I do Actions>Online Actions>Get Transaction in the gnucash
> checking account, all the transaction were downloaded without a problem.
> But if I do the same thing in my gnucash saving account, it did connect
> to  the ofx server, but returned with an error code 2003, which means
> the server "couldn't find the account requested".
> Is there any log file that I can looked at to see what got sent to the
> ofx server?
>
> On the other hand, if I used the ofx-ba.py script modified to fit my
> bank, both checking and savings account transctions were downloaded
> successfully. So the bank's ofx server works properly. It must be
> something sent to the server by gnucash that went wrong. Anyone has any
> idea?

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by
the depth of our answers.                               - Carl Sagan