Trouble setting up Finance::Quote

Cory Helfrich coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 22 12:57:45 EST 2007

Hello Roy,

I followed you suggestion and gnucash now sees Finance::Quote as
installed properly. Thanks to all for your help.

Best regards,
Cory
Cory Helfrich
coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca

On 22-Jan-07, at 1:26 AM, Roy Nicholl wrote:

> Cory,
>
> Either start your xterm as a login shell (-ls option) or put the
> variables / commands you want executed for every shell in your $
> {HOME}/.bashrc file.
>

> On 21-Jan-2007, at 15:07, Cory Helfrich wrote:
>
>> Hello David,
>>
>> I think you are correct. My xterm $SHELL is /bin/bash, just like
>> terminal. However, when I start xterm, the commands in my .profile
>> are not executed, while these commands are executed when I start
>> terminal (commands to modify the path and prompt, etc.). However, I
>> do not know where to put these commands so they will be executed when
>> X11 starts. Do you know?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cory
>> Cory Helfrich
>> coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca
>>

>> On 20-Jan-07, at 11:15 PM, David T. wrote:
>>
>>> Oh man, I think I'm starting to understand where some of my own
>>> problems on
>>> this front are coming from (I am running GC2.0.4 on an IntelMac)--
>>> and I think I
>>> might have an idea on how Cory's problem might be solved.
>>>
>>> I believe the problem has to do with the fact that the Mac ends up
>>> with two
>>> separate environments--one for the base Terminal.app, and the
>>> second for X11.
>>> Fink runs under Terminal. Issuing the command gnc-fq-check at the
>>> Terminal
>>> command line yields the proper results; issuing the same command in
>>> X11 yields
>>> a File not found error.
>>>
>>> When I examine the PATH variables in each, I see:
>>>
>>> 1) Terminal:
>>> PATH=/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/
>>> usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
>>> 2) X11: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/