Virtual accounts?

Jörg Schaible joerg.schaible at gmx.de
Tue Jan 23 16:15:09 EST 2007

Hello,

still learning to use GC2 and I have questions left that may be answered by
one of you ...

Currently I don't know how to represent "virtual accounts". Say, I try to
save from my monthly income a certain amount of money in these "virtual
accounts" e.g. for the car, for holidays and for health expenses. But the
money is physical available either in my check account or the savings
account. Therefore I cannot simply create an account Asset:Savings:Car and
transfer money from the check account into it ... since the checking
account is balanced online with my bank. How can I simulate monthly rates
into the virtual accounts or charge such an account with expenses?

- Jörg