Crash on Quick-Fill

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 00:56:10 EST 2007

On 1/28/07, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> 2.0.4 is current.
> This bug has long since been fixed.
> You should update.

I was hoping I could use the standard packaged versions in Ubuntu, but
there goes that idea. The latest package available for Ubuntu (due for
the 7.04 release in April) is GnuCash 2.02. So maybe I need to find
out how to help the package maintainer create a current package,
though it may be too late.

I tried to compile the svn version under 6.06 (Dapper LTS) on a ppc
box but finally gave up after jumping through lots of hoops. I think
the place I gave up was missing swik dependencies. I have not yet
tried the svn version on Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy (the current release).

If I have to revert to GnuCash version 1.8.12 to avoid the crash, can
I keep using the same data files after 2.0.1 has touched them, or do I
need to re-import my old data from scratch in order to downgrade?