enforce explicit double entry?

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Mon Jan 29 17:54:59 EST 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Yeah, it's an oft-requested feature..  If there's not an entry in
> bugzilla please create one.  This has annoyed me a few times, too.
> It's especially an issue when working on a multi-split transaction.

As a sort of work-around, I find that in some circumstances if I enter a
value and then use the up-arrow, the residual will appear at the bottom
of the split with no account selected (i.e. no orphan or imbalance).  I
have not tried this with everything, but it does work if you duplicate
an existing split entry - if you Tab or Enter or use the Down arrow, it
creates an Imbalance account, if you use the Up arrow, there's no new
account.

Cheers

Cam

--