Crash on Quick-Fill

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:20:11 EST 2007

On 1/29/07, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, you need a fairly modern
> version of swig to build from SVN Trunk (although once it turns into
> 2.2 tarballs you wont need swig to build from the tarball).

That's very good to know. I avoid installing from tarballs so I don't
bypass my package management BUT I liked what I saw in GnuCash 2.0.x
so I may ultimately do it anyway.

> > If I have to revert to GnuCash version 1.8.12 to avoid the crash, can
> > I keep using the same data files after 2.0.1 has touched them, or do I
> > need to re-import my old data from scratch in order to downgrade?
>
> It should work, provided you didn't use any new-in-2.0 features, like
> budgets.

Perfect! That will be the easiest way to get my 2006 year-end stuff
done and I can tackle the upgrade to 2.0.x later.

I will see if I can track down the Debian package for 2.0.4 to learn
what its dependencies are. The place I looked yesterday didn't show it
but I wasn't looking at an official Debian source.

Thank you very much for all your help!

P.S.: In the meantime I will file a bug in Ubuntu's tracking system so
someone knows the 2.0.1 version has serious bugs. (This is the version
that installs in the Long Term Support release.)