Beginner's question

Robert Ramsdell rcriii at ramsdells.net
Mon Jan 29 23:52:52 EST 2007

Hi.  I'll give short answers below, but _strongly_ suggest that you read
the tutorial and concept guide
(http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/index.html).

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 16:59 -0800, FamiliaFrazelle wrote:
> i'm a first time user and do not use a checkbook, only credit cards.  My
> salary from work is deposited directly into my savings acct.
>
> Is this entered as a Deposit or a Withdrawal?
>
> If i wish to set up an income account, such as MyJob, and from this
> transfer the money to the savings acct., above, when i deposit to MyJob,
> is this a Charge or Income?

The transfer is a "Deposit" if you are looking at the savings account,
"Income" if you are looking at the MyJob income account.

Robert