Moving from gnucash 1.8 to 2.0: startup error: "can't parse the URL"

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jul 2 06:07:46 EDT 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 13:48, billmc cnonline.net wrote:
> > The definitive answer is that you should never have saved your datafile
> > there.
>
> I saved the data where  gnucash wanted to save the data. I didn't pick that
> location. My initial email had an error in it. The data was stored in
> ~/.gnucash/books/FirstTech.  My bad, and my apologies. (But even this
> seems to be wrong, based on your comments later....)

Bill what distro is this?
I probably started using gnucash when I was using SuSE
and I too would have started saving where the distro suggested.
Mine is in ~/user/gnucash
and i've been using that spot for some years now, without any nasty incidents.

--
All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every organism
to live beyond its income.