Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Wed Jul 4 11:41:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 03:32:56 am Derek Atkins wrote:
> Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> writes:
> > I have just downloaded and installed Gnucash 2.1.5 with no problems.
> >
> > I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
> > required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
> > opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall
> > reading that the file will be converted.
>
> You shouldn't have needed to install swig if you're building from the
> tarball.
>
> -derek

I am running PCLinux on another partition.  An installation there didn't call
for swig.  I am still getting that crazy inability to delete transactions.
It will be nothing to do with Gnucash.  Perhaps because my default character
set is UTF-8?  A normal "keyboard and monitor" type would be better with
Latin-1, or whatever corresponds to the Windows set.  Or is it just that I
seem to attract any Murphy events like a magnet?  Even at the pokies, my wife
wins and I lose.  :)

Doug.
--
Here lies one who meant well, tried a little, failed much
   - surely that may be his epitaph, of which he need not be ashamed.