Help needed with split

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jul 4 13:13:24 EDT 2007

"John K. Taber" <jktaber at charter.net> writes:
> I got it finally. My major problem was not realizing that "split"
> doesn't do all the arithmetic, I have to do it.

Two things...

- basic math expressions (+,-,/,*,()) are processed in the credit/debit cells
  as you tab out of the cell or press keypad-enter, which can be useful in
  doing this arithmetic.

- there should be a "remaining balance" split at the end of the transaction,
  which is computed as the difference in the balance of the existing
  credit/debit cells, which I find useful.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}