automatic interest traction

Vahur Lokk vahur.lokk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:21:47 EDT 2007

Vahur Lokk wrote:
> Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
>> So any ideas how i can implement  this in gnucash?
> It depends on what is the status of the calculated interest.
>
> If its actually your money - i.e if you sell the bond early, you will
> get face value plus this calculated interest, then you can 1. create an
> asset account "Accumulated interest" 2. create income account "Interest
> income" (though you probably have it already) and then 3. create a
> monthly transfer between "Accumulated interest" and "Interest income" in
> the amount that has accumulated during the month based on your bank
> statement.
Oh, and I forgot most important and pleasant part - when they actually
pay you then you transfer the interest from "Accumulated interest" to
"Bank account". :)
Of course, all of this can be scheduled to your hearts content, but I
have found that unless question is about regular fixed amount, all those
fancy druids, wizards, sages, witches, priests and tooth fairies can
burn in hell.

Wahur