opening balances problem ( USD)

Nikos Charonitakis nikosx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:30:13 EDT 2007

I m trying to replicate my broker's statement in GnuCash and i ve
mostly succeeded :)
I have a problem with a transfer in opening balances.
I use Opening Balances and Opening Balances (USD) accounts.
I have some USD as money in the bank and the same amount appears in
Opening Balances (USD).
So far so good. Now i m trying a stock purchase in USD but the amount
of USD i spent refuses to appear in Opening Balances (USD) account.
What i did?
A) created security for the stock and set a price for it.
B) Created an account (Asset) named USstocks in USD with parent
account = investments
C) Created an account (stock) under USstocks
D) recorded the transaction
Now although the right value of the stock appears under the "Total"
column for the USstocks account,
i cant see the amount recorded in the Opening Balances (USD) account.

Any ideas
thanks in advance
Nikos