Problem with OS X installation instructions

Daniel Smith dlsmith at rice.edu
Thu Jul 5 16:52:56 EDT 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 3:34 PM, Marc André Selig wrote:

> On 7/5/07, Daniel Smith <dlsmith at rice.edu> wrote:
>> Perhaps I spoke too soon.  Deactivating the 1.6 versions allowed me
>> to cleanly build gnucash-devel.  But gnucash crashes at runtime.
>> Even after *uninstalling* each of gnucash, gnucash-devel, g-wrap16,
>> slib-guile16, guile16, slib-guile, and guile, and doing a fresh "sudo
>> port install gnucash-devel", I get the following error soon after the
>> splash screen comes up:
>
> Does it work if you install gnucash-devel+guile16?
>
> (You will have to remove guile, slib-guile and g-wrap before doing
> so.)
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Not sure what you mean.  "gnucash-devel+guile16" does not appear to
be a valid choice:

$ -> sudo port install gnucash-devel+guile16
Error: Port gnucash-devel+guile16 not found

$ -> sudo port search gnucash
gnucash                        gnome/gnucash  2.0.5        a personal
and small-business financial-accounting software
gnucash-devel                  gnome/gnucash-devel 2.1.5
financial-accounting software
gnucash-docs                   gnome/gnucash-docs 2.0.1        docs
for gnucash

—Dan