Matching delayed transactions

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Tue Jul 10 19:09:01 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 23:28 +1000, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:04:20 am Des Dougan wrote:
> > I downloaded my .qfx transaction set from my bank today; while matching,
> > I hit a problem with a payment that was not deposited until about 18
> > days after delivery, and therefore didn't match my payment of the bill
> > in GnuCash.
> >
> > I searched the my mailing list folder as I remembered a discussion about
> > this a while ago. It was about a similar issue in 1.8.10 days, which
> > indicated there was a hard-coded limit of 14 days.
> >
> > Did this stay the same in the 2.0 series (I'm assuming yes), and if so,
> > is it worth raising as a bug or RFE?
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > Des
>
> So somebody paid 18 days late?
>
> Doug.

Actually, what happened was I paid, and processed the payment in GC, but
the recipient (my accountant) was away, and the cheque wasn't deposited
until 18 days later. It would appear to me that that wouldn't be a
particularly unusual occurrence, hence my question.

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-866-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support