Error Parsing Data File

David Brock david at tubits.com
Wed Jul 11 08:10:13 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 00:40 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Check the gnucash.trace file?   It might be an SX bug that was fixed
> as of 2.1.5 but corrupted the data file in early 2.1.x series.  (remember
> that 2.1.z are TEST releases).

Thanks Derek & Josh-  I'm aware it's a test release, I run it to further
the cause (I do backup my data!)

I'm running on FreeBSD 6.2, so no need for windows clarity, however,
ther isn't a /tmp/gnucash.trace file generated.  Is there an option to
enable that?  (--debug generates no different output or trace files)

There is another oddity (warning message) on startup:

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disable at
configure time.

...which may be related to an upgrade of Xorg, which relocated
everything from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local.  It seems that this might
cause grief with the whole program, rather than the reading of the data
file, however.  I can re-run the config & build gnucash if there's any
indication that it's the culprit.

If it's the SX, can I disable their auto-run-on-startup, remove them,
and start again?

;-David