documentation for 2.04 disappeared., and Beginning Balance.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jul 16 01:53:56 EDT 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 02:59, Bob W. Anderson wrote:
> After losing my entire earlier version of GnuCash and my financial data
> , I recently installed the new versioin (2.04) that came with my SuSE 10.3.

Hi,  Isn't SuSE 10.3 still an Alpha relaese?  Maybe the Docs aren't packaged
for it yet, or maybe it is a packaging bug?

Can I also suggest that you consider the latest stable version of GC,
available from  ftp://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-crauch/  (although,
he hasn't made packages for 10.3, yet)  (Also, the docs are a separate
package in _this_ repository)

HTH,
Maf.

> I pushed aside the offer to view the documentation when the install
> invited me to do so.  Whe I sought it later, neither the help file nor
> the "Contents" were available from Help.
>
> I even tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, but the documentation is
> still missing.  I have been reading it online, but that is awkward to
> use several times during the day.
>
> Have others run into this phenomenon, and if so, how can it be resolved?
>
> Item 2, Beginning Balance.
>
> I've been laboriously entering checkbook data into the register (I'm
> using Income and Expense accounts only), but while the Beginning Balance
> I entered in register just fine, Reconciliatioin does not see it and I
> am unable to run Reconciliation without it.   Is there a workaround?
>
> Bob in Newport

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542