GnuCash 2.2.0 Released

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 09:05:10 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 14:27 -0600, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> GnuCash 2.2.0 released
>
> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.0, the new
> stable release of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software. With this
> new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the
> first time, and it also runs on GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris and Mac OSX.
>
> *** remainder redacted ***

First, congratulations on the new release. Well done to all. I know you
don't get to hear it often enough, but we really appreciate your
efforts .

Second, I can't build 2.2 on Kubuntu 7.04.  Configure abends with the
"can't find SLIB, are you sure it is installed" error. I've checked the
web page referenced by the error message, but confess is it beyond my
ken. So, it appears I will remain (happily) on 2.0.5 until someone
assembles the appropriate binary for the rest of us.

Ron Morse