documentation for 2.04 disappeared., and Beginning Balance.

Bob W. Anderson bobdove at isp.com
Wed Jul 18 22:53:22 EDT 2007

Maf. King wrote:
> On Monday 16 July 2007 02:59, Bob W. Anderson wrote:
>> After losing my entire earlier version of GnuCash and my financial data
>> , I recently installed the new versioin (2.04) that came with my SuSE 10.3.
>>

> Hi,  Isn't SuSE 10.3 still an Alpha relaese?  Maybe the Docs aren't packaged
> for it yet, or maybe it is a packaging bug?

Sorry, Maf.   I meant SuSE 10.2
. . .

>> Item 2, Beginning Balance.
>>
>> I've been laboriously entering checkbook data into the register (I'm
>> using Income and Expense accounts only), but while the Beginning Balance
>> I entered in register just fine, Reconciliatioin does not see it and I
>> am unable to run Reconciliation without it.   Is there a workaround?

My bank statements cover from the 12th of one month to the 11th of the
next.   When my Beginning Balance (a deposit on 12/12/2005) wouldn't
show in the Reconcile screen, I moved the entry back to 12/10/2005 and
reconciled just that one entry.   Then when I went to reconcile the
12/12/2005 to 1/11/2006 statement, my Beginning Balance was properly
displayed.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Bob in Newport