documentation for 2.04 disappeared.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jul 19 03:52:20 EDT 2007

On Thursday 19 Jul 2007, Bob W. Anderson wrote:
> Josh Sled wrote:
> > "Bob W. Anderson" <bobdove at isp.com> writes:
> >> After losing my entire earlier version of GnuCash and my financial data
> >> , I recently installed the new versioin (2.04) that came with my SuSE
> >> 10.3.
>
> Oops - SuSE 10.2

Hi Bob,

In that case, the Docs package is certainly available in Christian's
repository at

http:////ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-crauch/10.2

when I looked last night, both 2.0.5 and 2.2.0 packages were available, with a
separate docs package for use with both versions.

> or to /tmp/gnucash.trace?
>
> Old Noobie here.  I get lost in the terminal jungle.  Still unlearning
> Windows since starting with Linux six years ago. Here goes:
> 	typed /tmp/gnucash.trace
> 		"permission denied"

Try

~> less /tmp/gnucash.trace

as you want to read the contents of a plain text log file.  What you typed
tried to run the log file as a program, and since it doesn't have executable
permissions, you were told that, quite correctly, "permission denied"

HTH,
Maf.