file transfer

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jul 20 08:46:26 EDT 2007

"Virgil Hilton" <vmhilton at gmail.com> writes:
> I have been entering my information into gnucash all year and installed a
> new version of ubuntu ce on the same hard drive but on a new partition and
> would like to transfer the data I have put on the old version to the new
> version. i was thining maybe I could copy the files from one partition to
> the next but I dont know where gnucash stores them. any suggetions would be
> helpful.

The key file to transfer is your datafile, which will be named in the title
bar of the main window.

As well, you can safely copy ~/.gnucash to your new home directory (if
necessary).

There are some other gconf-based settings, but it's probably not worth the
trouble.  Just go through Edit > Preferences once you're using the new
environment, and realize that you might get prompted for some dialogs you've
already indicated that you don't care to see in the future.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}