1) documentation for 2.0.2 missing.: 2) Crash when trying to print checks

Bob W. Anderson bobdove at isp.com
Fri Jul 20 22:08:12 EDT 2007

Bob W. Anderson wrote:
> Maf. King wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob,
> . . .
>> In that case, the Docs package is certainly available in Christian's
>> repository at
>>
>> http:////ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-crauch/10.2
>>
>> when I looked last night, both 2.0.5 and 2.2.0 packages were available, with a
>> separate docs package for use with both versions.
>

> Thanks.  I'll be looking that up.

Hmmmm.  I checked it out, Maf, and found some "rauch"(???)  but no
"doc."   Am I supposed to download or install something from that site
to get documentation for my 2.0.2 ?

New problem:  I've reentered 1094 items, restored and reconciled my
checkbook, but my first attempt to print checks from my new 2.0.2
crashed  when I hit "Print Checks", then "Preview."   No log entry, no
warning, just suddenly out of Gnucash.   Restarting, I was asked if I
really wanted to start, as someone might be using the data base.   All I
knew to do is hit "yes" and gnucash came up again, but minus the recent
twelve checks I had just entered!

I wrote three checks and hit "Print checks" and them "print" at the
printer screen.   Again, it crashed.   Several more attempts with the
same result.   The printer works fine in other linux apps:  why not in
Gnucash?   Is there some configuration I've missed?  I looked up FAQs
online, but found no help.

No docs, no checks.   Suggestions please.

Bob in Newport
Gnucash 2.0.2     SuSE 10.2  (both are new installs.)